Cliff has been a Marine for over 20 years (12 active duty). The majority of his military career has been serving as a reconnaissance team leader. Cliff has done several deployments as a Marine, to include Desert Shield and Desert Storm in 1990 & 1991. In 1992, Cliff again deployed, this time to Somalia. Cliff finished his active duty in San Diego as a drill instructor.
In 1996, Cliff left active duty to spend more time with his family and joined the LAPD. During his time as a police officer, Cliff has worked patrol, gangs and narcotics. In 2003, Cliff took a break from police work to deploy to Iraq for OIF 1. In Iraq, Cliff was a team leader with 4th Force Reconnaissance.
As a Marine and police officer, Cliff has trained hundreds of Marines and fellow officers in firearms and tactics.
Besides being knowledgeable in firearms and tactics, Cliff also has a martial arts background in Tang Soo Do, Kung Fu San Soo, wrestling and BJJ. Below is a list of some of his certifications.
- LAPD ARREST & CONTROL INSTRUCTOR
- S.P.E.A.R COACH LEAD INSTRUCTOR FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT & MILITARY BLAUER TACTICAL SYSTEMS
- TACTICAL GROUND COMBATIVES INSTRUCTOR
- High Gear Scenario/ BMF Instructor
- COMBAT FOCUS SHOOTING INSTRUTOR
- RED ZONE WEAPONS DEFENSE INSTRUCTOR
- KRAV MAGA FORCE TRAINING DIVISION POLICE INSTRUCTOR *MILITARY COMBAT INSTRUCTOR
- MILITARY MARKSMANSHIP INSTRUCTOR
- CERTIFIED RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
- CERTIFIED LEVEL 1 CROSSFIT TRAINER